The 2019-20 Senate has an open Senator position for the Spring 2020 semester. The deadline to apply is 14 February 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Some responsibilities of Senators include:
- Foster open communication with the student body
- Represent the student voice to different parts of the UMBC community
- Take actions to improve our campus
- Take a stance on issues relating to any matters such as various policies and practices on campus
Senators are required to:
- Attend every Senate meeting, held weekly on Mondays at 5:30 pm in Commons (The room number will be indicated by an email from the Speaker).
- Serve on University shared governance committees
- Work on initiatives with and on behalf of the student body
Please feel free to contact the Speaker of the Senate, Wangui Nganga (email@example.com) or the Assistant Speaker of the Senate, Josué Lemus (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any further questions.