The SGA Election Board is in charge of running the election for all elected offices. This board is comprised of a collection of neutral students to oversee election policies. They are responsible for making decisions that create a fair election that is open to all undergraduates. During the election season, the body verifies that candidates meet the requirements of Campus Life. In addition, they hear complaints regarding breaking election procedures. If you have any questions regarding the Election Board, please contact us.
SGA 2020 ELECTIONS
Apply to run for the 2020 UMBC SGA elections!
Candidate applications are open until Friday, March 6 at 11:59 p.m. The candidate application can be found here. Apply to run for:
- Executive Vice President*
- Vice President for Student Organizations (VPSO)
- Finance Board Representative
More information about the elected SGA positions can be found on the here.
Do you know an undergraduate student on campus who would make an excellent leader in SGA? Nominate students to run for SGA here!
*President and Executive Vice President candidates run as a ticket. You cannot run for either of these positions without an eligible running mate
VOTING SCHEDULE (subject to change)
In-person voting for the 2020 UMBC elections will take place:
- Monday, April 20 from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 21 from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 22 from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Online voting will take place during two overnight voting periods:
- Wednesday, April 22 from 7:00 p.m. to Thursday, April 23 at 7:00 a.m.
- Thursday, April 23 from 7:00 p.m. to Friday, April 24 at 7:00 a.m.
Contact the Election Board Chair, Caleb Cagle at email@example.com